Air Canada will apply a 10% discount* for Congress travelers when the following promotion code is used at the time of online booking: ZWGNT381
Terms & Conditions:
- The travel period begins Saturday, May 25, 2019 and ends Friday, June 14, 2019.
- Only bookings made to Vancouver, YVR (BC) are eligible for the discount.
- Travel is valid Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday.
- No discount will apply to Tango bookings for travel within Canada or between Canada and the U.S. For International travel (destinations outside North America), discounts apply to all fares including Tango.
- The discount and the fare are subject to all applicable taxes and surcharges.
WestJet will offer varying discounts for Congress attendees when booking a flight into and out of Vancouver. For travel within Canada, you may receive 5% off Econo* and 10% off EconoFlex and Premium fares. For attendees travelling Trans-border**, you may receive 2% off Econo*, 5% off EconoFlex and 10% off Premium base fares. To receive the discount, you must use the following coupon code at the time of online booking: 5A6E6CA
Terms & Conditions:
- The travel period begins Saturday, May 25, 2019 and ends Saturday, June 15, 2019.
- *Basic fare class is excluded from discount.
- **Discount codes are valid for travel on the dates indicated above.
- Percentage discount is applied to base fare. Taxes, fees and charges are extra.
- Only one discount code may be used per booking. Discount cannot be combined with any other discount codes, promotional offers or companion voucher bookings.
- Discount can be used for a one-way or round-trip booking, but not towards multi-city bookings.
Discount only applies to flights marketed and operated wholly by WestJet, WestJet Encore, WestJet Link, and Delta flights marketed by WestJet via codeshare.
Transportation from the Vancouver International Airport (YVR) can be undertaken by taxi, limousine, and public transit.
Taxi service is provided by Black Top and Checker Cabs (604-731-1111 or 1-800-494-1111). Use one of the taxi stands located on Level 2. Taxis operating from the airport are licensed, and will use a zoned fare rate that will depend on your destination.
The Canada Line of Translink’s SkyTrain provides rapid rail service linking YVR to downtown Vancouver and parts of Richmond. Trains leave the airport station approximately every seven minutes during most times of the day. The trip from YVR to downtown Vancouver takes only 26 minutes, while a trip to the UBC campus may take less time, but requires a transfer to a local bus route. Check the Translink website to plan your journey.
Via Rail trains operate out of the Pacific Central Station in Vancouver. This station is located at 1500 Station Street, approximately 12km from the UBC campus.
VIA Rail Canada
1-800-268-9503 (for the hearing impaired)
VIA Rail is offering 10% off the best available fare in Economy, Economy Plus, Business, Business Plus, and Sleeper class to Congress travelers using the Convention Fare discount code: 13821
Terms & Conditions:
- Discount does not apply in any Escape fares and Prestige Class.
- Discount is valid for travel between May 26, 2019 and June 10, 2019.
- Applicable from all stations throughout the VIA system to Vancouver, BC and return.
- Subject to the conditions and restrictions of the fare plan to which the additional discount is being applied.
- Fare applies to a maximum of two passengers per booking.
- One complimentary stopover is allowed at no additional charge. For travel on all fare plans in Business class, the first stopover is allowed at no additional charge, provided that this stopover takes place in Toronto, Montréal or Ottawa only.
Please note that there is a $5.00 CFC charge for car rentals administered via the airport terminal.
Alamo – Airport
Avis Rent A Car – Airport
Budget car rentals booked within Canada between May 24, 2019 and June 14, 2019 will be eligible for discounts when the following Budget Customer Discount (BCD) number is used at the time of booking: X536022. Reservations can be made online or by phone.
1-800-654-2280 (for the hearing impaired)
For information regarding parking, check out the Local transportation page.